New Valley Heights construction site
The NSW Rural Fire Service Commissioner, Shane Fitzsimmons officially inspected the construction of the new Valley Height Rural Fire Brigade Station with the Local Member, Councillor Vanderkley.
The Brigade handed over a cheque for their contribution to the construction.
This Station will be the first Standard Design 3B Brigade Station developed by the RFS.
The local has prime highway frontage is a showcase development for the RFS and our Brigades.
This facility will significantly increase the profile of the Brigades in the Blue Mountains and particularly the Valley Heights Brigade.
The Valley Heights Brigade is very excited and delighted that the Project has commenced after 12 years.
Major Milestones since December 2010.
- The Valley Station Project commenced in 1999 and encountered a long series of delays.
- This new site was located and agreed to in early December 2010.
- Planning commenced immediately by the RFS and our consultants.
- Tenders were called in April 2011.
- Bilas Knight, from Cobbitty was the successful tenderer and the constructed the first Standard Design FCC at Canobolas and the Coffs Harbour FCC.
- Construction commenced in August 2011.
- Estimated handover date is the 8th November 2011.
- The Brigade has been fundraising for this project for a number of years and they may present a cheque tomorrow for a contribution towards the cost of the building.
- Thanks to Council for making the land available